Monday, February 2, 2015

Thumbs UP - Spur Corp




I had a lovely dinner with my family last Thursday night at a Sushi Franchise that is available in almost every major town and city in South Africa.

Okay I normally don't want to mention a name of a restaurant or name drop but I think in this article I am going too.

John Dory's Middelurg Mall

The service ~ Great !
Atmosphere ~ Great !
Food ~ Tasty!
Overall Experience 8/10








While I was sitting with my family and enjoying my second portion of  Prawn Avalanche

" ( I don't know what is the franchise secret with this sauce they smother the California Roll in but its indicatively good , Its almost as if you get lost in the taste - SO DAMN GOOD ) Will pay for the recipe !! haha - SO GOOD! "

Photo: Prawn Avalanche

Okay back to my point


"I started my food journey working as a waiter in Spur Corporation way back when a 500ml Soda Fountain Coke was still ZAR 6 and a Hunga Basta (Double Burger) with all the trimmings ZAR 36.00 (Unbelievable -  I know) which John Dory's forms part off now"


Photo: Old Spur Steak Ranch Menu

I think its time that someone gives them a huge THUMBS UP ! A Chuck Norris ONE 


What allot of people don't know is that Spur Corporation standards is really hectic . Coming from the private industry and saying it with allot of respect some private restaurants and hotel kitchens that normally gets higher praise than those of a franchise is not very "ayoba"

 I can promise you some don't even come close to the HACCP 

(Hazard analysis and critical control pointFood productionstorage, and distribution monitoring system for identification and control of associated health hazards. It is aimed at prevention of contamination, instead of end-product evaluation. In place of relying on food inspectors to detect food safety problems, HACCP shifts the responsibility to the food producer to ensure that the product is safely consumable. Proposed by the Codex Alimentarius Commissionfor the food industry in general, and meat, poultry, and seafood industry in particular, it has been adopted by some 150 countries.) 

and Group standards this company have.

Okay being one of Africa's largest Restaurant groups I get it that not every single persons experience will be the same. But I can assure you that it will be some of the safest food you can eat in Mzanzi.

Ill always have a soft spot for the "Taste for life" family. 

And with the group now investing in more NON FRANCHISE STYLE FRANCHISES (haha don't know how to put it better) like The Hussar Grill & the new kid on the block ROCO Mama's (More about Spur Corp & Roco Mama's) they will certainly remain on top of their game !

Long live the Prawn Avalanche , Hunga Busta Burgers & all you can eat evenings !

Here is to Respect for Spur Gorp !

I'm giving them a KICK ass 10 STARS for being always on top of the MZANZI food REVOLUTION !





Chef P ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment