Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My Version of the Prawn Avalanche vs John Dory's


So after publishing my rave article about my experience at John Dory's , I wanted to try my own version of a hyped up California Roll.

So this was my little Amuse Bouche for my guests tonight at the restaurant.

I wanted to incorporate a little bit of South African flavor in the Japanese Rice so I added a dollop of my Home Made Cape Malaise tomato chutney. ( If you are going to try this at home make sure your rice to flavoring ratio is still correct otherwise your rice would not be sticky anymore and really difficult to form) 

I zoo-shed up my filling by incorporating candied beetroot and steamed Snoek fish and a little bit of tangy home-made ricotta and my secret sweet & sour sauce (FYI will trade my secret for your secret John Dory's haha"

I replaced the tempura prawn that normally features on the John Dory's Avalanche with a crumbed scallop and finished it with Home-Made Peppadew Caviar ( or Spheres JEEZ South African judges are so fuzzy with this menu naming so I just want to justify it. - PS. I do bottle this and sell it on request, its so good ! Let me know if I can make you a batch , much better then the Crab Imitation Caviar they use in Sushi restaurants" and I also garnished the plate with a drip of Soy & Balsamic reduction & for the HIPPY side of me some MICRO GREENS haha! 

Tomorrow night we are having our weekly Boma night , and I will show you how to make a sexy appetizer for your guests around the fire keeping with the Mzanzi theme !

Enjoy whats left of your Tuesday , Wednesday is around the corner and you can start smelling the weekend !

Shalom

Chef P ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment